A Comprehensive Smile Makeover Can Transform Your Appearance
A smile makeover performed by Dr. Philip V. Goduco at our Vernon Hills, IL, office can completely transform your confidence in your smile through various cosmetic treatments such as teeth whitening, Invisalign®, dental crowns, and dental bonding. These comprehensive treatment plans can address a wide range of imperfections such as stained, damaged, or misaligned teeth. By combining two or more procedures, each smile makeover can be customized to meet the unique needs of our individual patients.
Determining Whether a Smile Makeover Is Right for You
If your smile is compromised by two or more concerns, a comprehensive makeover may be an ideal treatment option for you:
- Yellowed or stained teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth, or other minor damage
- Eroded, misshapen, or disproportionately sized teeth
- Gapped, crooked, or crowded teeth
- A gummy smile or an uneven gum line
To qualify for a smile makeover, any underlying conditions such as gum disease or tooth decay must be treated prior to any cosmetic work.
Commonly Combined Procedures
Any two or more cosmetic procedures can be combined to create a customized smile makeover treatment plan:
- Teeth Whitening: This is typically the first step in a smile makeover so that any other treatments can be matched to your newly whitened smile. We offer in-office and take-home teeth whitening.
- Porcelain Veneers: Custom-made shells of porcelain can be used to close gaps or conceal stubborn stains or chips. Porcelain veneers can also lengthen or reshape teeth for a more uniform smile. Veneers have a natural sparkle and can blend with your surrounding teeth for a seamless look.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding uses tooth-colored composite resin, providing an affordable alternative that can achieve many of the same results as porcelain veneers.
- Dental Crowns: For more severe damage, a tooth-colored dental crown can be placed to repair the tooth without compromising the aesthetics of your smile.
- Invisalign®: If you suffer from misalignment, Invisalign® may be used to straighten and prepare the teeth for additional cosmetic treatments.
Smile Makeover Treatment Process
During your smile makeover consultation with Dr. Goduco, he will examine your teeth and gums to ensure there are no other conditions that need to be addressed. Together you will discuss your cosmetic goals, your lifestyle, and budget. With this information, Dr. Goduco can outline a customized smile makeover treatment plan that will address all of your concerns and stay within your budget. At this time, Dr. Goduco will typically take impressions of your teeth so that any restorations or Invisalign® trays can be created.
A smile makeover can have functional and cosmetic benefits, improving your dental alignment and reducing your risk of bruxism and TMJ disorder.
Benefits of a Smile Makeover
A customized smile makeover is designed to meet your individual needs, so results for each patient will vary. However, you can expect to enjoy a whiter, straighter smile, free of gaps, crowding, and other flaws. A smile makeover can also have functional benefits as well, improving your alignment and reducing your risk of bruxism and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder.
Schedule Your Initial Consultation
If you are unhappy with several aspects of your smile, you might want to consider combining those treatments into a comprehensive smile makeover. Contact Goduco Smiles today to schedule your initial consultation and learn more.